Around the world, students learn English earlier on in their schooling which is driving a demand for English assessment. Schools and parents alike recognise that English skills are of paramount importance if their pupils and children are going to learn, progress and work in an international landscape.
What is it?
- Aptis for Teens is a new English assessment tool developed by the British Council, designed specifically for teenagers, testing their skills through familiar topics and scenarios.
- Targeted at 13-17 year-olds, Aptis for Teens enables you to target specific English language skills and receive fast results.
- Questions have been designed to reflect activities that occur in a teenager’s everyday life for example: social media, homework, school events and sports to make the test more familiar. This modern approach to testing allows candidates to fully demonstrate their English knowledge and skill.
- Aptis for Teens can be integrated into current education systems, which allows students’ English levels to be measured effectively and efficiently over time.
Who can use it?
- Lower and upper secondary schools
- Ministries of Education around the world
- Language schools
- Private tutors or teachers
- Bi-lingual schools
What can it do?
- streamline learners according to proficiency level
- assess readiness for taking certificated exams
- assess readiness to participate in study abroad and homestay programmes
- identify strengths and weaknesses to inform teaching and support for learners
- evaluate learning programmes
- test students’ progress over extended periods of study.
Flexibility extends to our reporting service and scores are presented in both individual and group form.
A scaled score (0-50) is given for each skill tested and this can be used to compare individual candidates within their group and also to help measure progress if they are re-taking the test. Along with the scaled score we also give a Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level for each skill taken (A1-C). If you take all 4 skills you will receive an overall (CEFR) level.
APTIS Writing Competition for Secondary Schools
Congratulations to the winners of the 2019 British Council Saudi Arabia high school writing competition, sponsored by Aptis and SI UK. Private national schools from all across the kingdom participated with entrants writing on the theme of 'My vision 2030'. Now you can download a book containing a selection of the best essays by clicking on the link below.