About Sheffield International Documentary Film Festival
The Sheffield International Documentary Film Festival (Sheffield Doc/Fest) is a world-renowned festival celebrating the art and business of documentary and non-fiction storytelling across all forms. Each year the festival welcomes over 25,000 festival goers, including around 3,500 industry delegates from 55 countries.
Sheffield Doc/Fest is a creative space for discovery, debate, collaboration and inspiration. The Sheffield Doc/Fest champions and pushes forward new talent, ideas and interaction for the future of the industry. An open and inclusive festival, it brings together veteran creatives, new voices and the city to share, shape and question stories of the world we live in.
The British Council will fund a delegation to be part of Sheffield Documentary Film Festival this year, where they will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas to leading decision makers, connect with creatives to develop their experience and benefit from festival activities which include:
- Film programme of the very best in international documentary screenings;
- Alternate Realities for innovation in interactive, augmented reality and virtual reality projects;
- Talks & Sessions with high profile speakers, to inspire, inform and debate;
- Marketplace & Talent for international business, delegations, pitching and training;
- Social events and networking;
- All Year screenings, talks and training outside of the festival period.
If you are a Saudi creative actively engaged in your national filmmaking sector, aged between 18 and 30, with a good command of the English language and think this opportunity will fit your aspirations, then please apply before 4th of May. The instructions for application are in the section below.
This opportunity is for both new and emerging filmmakers. It is not essential for you to have a project or idea that you wish to pitch to funders, it is an opportunity to build your international network in the film and TV industry, and to be inspired by the films that are being created by documentary talent worldwide.
How to Apply
Please submit your applications to email@example.com. Applications should be submitted in English and must include:
- Curriculum Vitae (please indicate your birthdate)
- Portfolio (maximum of 5 pages one-sided and including at least 1 most recent work)
- Responses to the following questions (maximum 300 words for each answer):
- Why do you want to participate?
- What would you gain by participating in this programme?
- Do you want to add anything else to support your application?
Deadline for applications: 4th May
Saudi Filmmakers selected by committee and informed: 9th May