UK International School Qualifications can unlock your child's potential
Helping your child achieve their best at school and beyond takes teamwork. Together with you and our educational partners, the British Council helps them flourish and fulfill their potential.
Why choose UK International School Qualifications?
- A globally recognised education: One of the most widely sought-after international school qualifications, welcomed by over 800 of the world’s top universities
- A holistic learning pathway: An education that stresses on creativity, critical thinking, and flexibility: students acquire transferable skills that will prepare them for higher education, work, and life
- A focus on both breadth and depth: Offers a variety of subjects to suit their skills, preferences and life aspirations, making learning fun and engaging
Why choose a British Council Partner School?
As a parent, you want to ensure that the school you choose for your child will provide a well- rounded and enriching learning experience. When you choose a British Council Partner School, your child will receive all the support they need to flourish.
Together with our education partners we enable schools to deliver the best learning outcomes for students:
Supporting academic excellence:
- British Council works to bring the renowned UK education system to schools worldwide, raising educational standards and providing a global perspective.
- Our global community of over 85,000 teachers and school leaders actively engage with our professional development resources, networking opportunities and research which support students to achieve academic excellence. Discover the inspiring journeys of successful Partner Schools' alumni in their stories of achievement and excellence.
Shaping global citizens:
- Programmes such as Partner Schools Connect, which link our 2100 schools across the world, provide your child with a more global perspective as they become part of a diverse learning community that extends beyond the classroom.
Developing 21st century core skills:
- Activities such as the British Council’s Your World video-making competition help students develop 21st century core skills, such as critical thinking and problem solving, collaboration and communication.
Fostering a safe and secure learning environment:
- We help schools create a safe environment for their students, by providing safeguarding resources, child protection awareness training and e-safety support for parents, students and schools.
- British Council’s wider expertise in education, arts, culture, and the English language creates a positive impact for our school communities, giving students easy access to international culture and educational opportunities.
Research development programme
- Our new research development programme showcases our dedication to contributing to the development of the education sector globally, fostering innovation and best practices.
Teacher training expertise
- We offer extensive teacher training programs globally, equipping educators with the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver high-quality education and create impactful learning experiences.
"The vision set by British Council Partner School Hera British School made my child more reflective, innovative, confident, engaged and responsible. He became more interested in making himself better each day and be responsible, which made him a confident learner. In the UK International School Qualifications system, my kids were taught to learn by questioning, problem-solving and creative thinking rather than through the mere retention of facts, giving them analytical and creative thinking skills that they will need in the working world.”
Mrs. Fatma Abdel-Badei Elshazly, Parent from Hera British School Jeddah, Saudi Arabia